Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Things I've Learned in 2022

 Things I've Learned in 2022

This list is short. I definitely learned a lot more than this in 2022 but failed in my recording. It's better than nothing! 


1. Use Massa flour to thicken sauces or chili
2. Butterflies drink turtle tears.
3 Master bedroom…what an f’ed up word choice.
5 During an Uber/Lyft rate surge- just wait 10-15 mins and it should go down.
6  I am looking at my tax return… it turns out I had to pay capital gains tax on the profits from selling my condo. $3,090
That’s because it wasn’t my primary residence for 2 of the last five years. 😣
That’s after I already paid $4777 as an exit tax from not living in NJ.
Lesson learned: if you can... live in the property for 2 years right before you sell.
7 I like teriyaki sauce on edamame…a lot
8 Snoopy is a beagle
9 Campgrounds = humans with kids
10 SUP-ing in the wind on a lake is brutal!
11 Honey helps mosquito bites (Thanks Aunt Rose Marie)
12 Puffs makes tissues infused with Vicks…yes, I inhaled the whole box
13 foam rolling and harem pants don’t mix
14 Speak up
15 Listen
16 Know your audience when sharing personal information
17 I have a serious coffee addiction
18 Colorado has Duch Brothers Coffee and it's damn good! 
19 Keef Cola- LOL
20 HUNO- high Uno- so much fun
21 We are all craving human connection but are very, very disconnected. 
22 The Matrix is real
23 Friends that let you go because of your views on COVID/vaccines, weren't really your friends to begin with. 
24 Driving through a mountain pass in the dark during a snowstorm made me truly understand the phrase, "It scared the shit out of me." I felt like I was going to shit myself, but I didn't. I haven't felt that way since naively getting into an unmarked "taxi" in Bangkok. Lessons Learned. 
25 To securely book camping reservations in Colorado for summer, book the week, then release the dates you don't want. Recreation.gov...I have a trick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment